What information does Devereux collect?
First and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, format preference (HTML or text) interests, and similar information. We do not request or store sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card or social security numbers. Non-personally identifiable information about you through your IP address, computer settings and/or most-recently visited website. We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily submit such information to us, by filling out a survey or registration form. The types of information that may be requested include your name, address, email address, and telephone number.
How is the information used?
In no case does Devereux share telephone numbers or e-mail addresses or permit other organizations to solicit our donors through either of these mediums. You may opt out of receiving communications from us at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with your name, address, and e-mail address. Devereux assumes no responsibility for the data collection and use practices of third parties that process online credit card transactions.
On occasion, we may provide targeted lists of names and offline and online contact information for marketing purposes to third parties, subject to our Permission policies. Other than as set forth above, we do not share personally identifiable information with other organizations, apart from those acting as our agents in providing our product(s)/service(s), and which agree to use it only for that purpose and to keep the information secure and confidential.
We may use and share aggregate information, which is not personally identifiable, with others. Such aggregate information is generated into reports by WebTrends. For example: total number of visitors most visited pages peak traffic times service provider IP addresses browser versions referring web sites search terms used average number of pages requested average duration of visit total visitor traffic
How does Devereux collect information?
- Website Registration: We encourage our website visitors to sign-in as frequent users and to give a few demographic items about themselves. The information that we collect is used to communicate with users and to orient our website in such a way that we can personalize aspects of our website based on particular user interests. We use aggregate web user demographics to improve service and for marketing and fundraising efforts.
- Donations & Fundraising Events: For fundraising events and donations that are completed through our secure online credit card service, we collect standard credit card information (such as account name, number and expiration date), which is used for billing purposes only, and is not otherwise shared. We do not collect personally identifiable information unless it is provided for us voluntarily by the person visiting the Devereux websites.
- E-mail Newsletters: Devereux encourages users to subscribe to our e-newsletters. In those events, we ask for contact information (such as name, e-mail address and, occasionally, demographic information). We use this information as we use contact information in the registration process described above. Recipients of our e-newsletters can unsubscribe using the instructions listed at the bottom of the e-newsletter.
- Surveys and Contests: From time to time we invite online users to provide information through surveys or fundraising events. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether to disclose requested contact information (such as name and mailing address) and any associated demographic information. Contact information collected in connection with surveys and events is used to communicate to our registrants and to monitor or improve the use and satisfaction of the site, and may be used to improve future fundraising or online events.
- Tell-A-Friend: If users elect to use our Tell-A-Friend service for informing a friend about our website and services, we ask them for the friend’s name and e-mail address. Devereux will use this information to send the friend a one-time invitation to visit our site. Devereux stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time e-mail.
- Communications with Us: Our website has features whereby users can submit information to us (such as feedback forms and surveys). Requests for information may be forwarded as needed to best respond to a specific request. We may retain e-mails and other information sent to us for our internal administrative purposes, and to help us to serve customers better.
- Communications from Us – Service Updates, Special Offers: In order to best serve our customers, we may send updates that contain important information about our website and services. For example, we send new members a welcoming message, and verify password and username for our password-protected sites. We may also communicate with a user to provide requested services and for account-related issues via e-mail, phone or regular mail. We offer our users the option to receive information about Devereux, our services, and special events. Users can choose not to receive these communications.
Opting Out of Future Communications
We respect your privacy and allow you to restrict internal and external sharing of your personal information. We recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you and every mailing such as newsletters offers a simple way to unsubscribe completely and opt out of future communications or to select only the communications that you select to receive.
At the bottom of each e-newsletter you will find specific ways to opt out, for example:
- Only receive the messages that are important to you update your Devereux email preferences.
- If you would like to be removed from all future Devereux mailings, please visit our website to unsubscribe.
- Or contact our webmaster with your name, address, and e-mail address and all reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure that you will not receive any of the selected communications from us in the future.
If you opt back into a specific service, you will receive communication in that manner regardless of your overall opt out selections. These services may include newsletter subscriptions or email communication.
Our web sites have features that automatically collect information from users, to deliver content specific to users’ interests and to adhere to their preferences. This information assists us in improving our sites and services.
We use “cookies,” which are a small piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Cookies benefit the user by requiring login only once, thereby saving time from registering every time a user visits one of Devereux’s websites. If users reject the cookies, they will be able to participate in the offerings of our website. Cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our sites.
For our internal purposes, we gather date, time, browser type, navigation history and IP address of all visitors to our site. This information does not contain anything that can identify users personally. We use this information for our internal security audit log, trend analysis and system administration, and to gather broad demographic information about our user base for aggregate use.
We may combine demographic information supplied by a subscriber at registration with site usage data to provide general profiles, in aggregate non-personally identifiable form, about our users and their preferences in the content of the site and advertising.
Devereux uses reasonable precautions to protect our users’ personal information and to store it securely. Files containing your information could be subject to production in a court of law. Even with all reasonable efforts to protect them, these files could be accessed illegally or against our wishes. Credit card information is encrypted and is transmitted to us securely. In addition, access to all of our users’ information is restricted. Only Devereux employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Information is kept on secure servers in a secure environment.
444 Devereux Drive
P.O. Box 638 Villanova, PA 19085