Winner of the 2012 Learning® Magazine Teachers’ Choice℠ Award!
Now more than ever, adults must help children develop the skills necessary to navigate successfully through life. By focusing on building social and emotional strength, adults increase children’s resilience and prepare them to handle the challenges in life. The strategies and activities in Socially Strong, Emotionally Secure provide teachers with the tools they need to help children become socially and emotionally healthy for life. Organized into five chapters, the activities support and build resilience in children ages three to eight.
- Supportive Interactions: activities to nurture the bonds of trust between children and adults
- Home and School Partnerships: expanding activities and experiences from the classroom into the home
- Activities and Experiences: activities that focus on open-ended thinking, physical activity, and social and emotional learning
- Daily Routines: strategies to foster a sense of belonging and community, cooperative participation, and engaged learning
- Environment: creating environments that are designed to maximize learning and personal growth
For children, living and learning are a seamless web. The activities in Socially Strong, Emotionally Secure offer a way to help children live and learn their way into social and emotional resilience, while having fun in the process!