Learn about the Devereux Center for Resilient Children’s work, as well as our parent and teacher resources through both archived and live webinar events. Our early childhood development experts and school-aged experts will share information on promoting social skills for children, healthy emotional development, and resilience!
Click on the dates and times below to register for these free events or view an archived recording of our webinars at your convenience.
Want more webinars to support school-age youth? Check out our partner Aperture Education’s list of free webinars here.
Important Information Regarding Certificates:
- We offer one certificate per live connection to the webinar. Individuals cannot watch as a group and get certificates for the whole group.
- We cannot assist with lost passwords nor provide certificates to viewers of recorded webinars. Thank you for your understanding!
- You must watch the webinar on a desktop or laptop to download handouts and a certificate. You cannot watch on a mobile device (i.e. phone or tablet) to get a certificate.
|Title||Age Range||Date & Times (EST)||Register|
|FLIP IT! Transforming Challenging Behavior||Preschoolers||Thursday, May 3, 2018 from 2:00-3:00pm||Registration Closed. Keep an eye out for the recording, which will be posted after the live webinar.
*Certificates are not provided for watching recordings.
|How the DECA Program Supports Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation||Infants, Toddlers, & Preschoolers||Tuesday, May 8, 2018 from 2:00-3:00pm||Register|
|The Science & Strategies of Resilience||All Ages & Families||Thursday, May 17, 2018 from 3:00-4:00pm||Register|
|Better Together: Head Start Performance Standards & the DECA Program - Two Sessions||Infants, Toddlers, & Preschoolers||Thursdays, May 24 and 31, 2018 from 2:00-3:00pm||Register|
|Readiness & Reflection: Using the DECA Program||Infants, Toddlers, & Preschoolers||Thursday, June 7, 2018 from 2:00-3:00pm||Register|
Training Webinars (paid)
|Title||Age Range||Date & Times (EST)||Cost||Register|
|Two-Session Webinar on Advanced FLIP IT! Transforming Challenging Behavior||Preschool||Tuesdays, September 18 and 25, 2018 from 1:00-2:30pm||$99||Register|
|Two-Session Webinar on Supporting the Resilience of Your Staff: Make it a Top Priority||Adults||Tuesdays, October 23 and 30, 2018 from 1:00-2:30pm||$150||Register|
|Two-Session Webinar on the DECA-C (Clinical)||Ages 2-5||Thursdays, November 1 and 8, 2018 from 1:00-2:30pm||$99||Register|
*Note: We are unable to offer certificates for watching recorded webinars.
- The Science & Strategies of Resilience – View
- How to Take Care of YOU: Building Your Bounce – View
- DECA Readiness & Reflection to Maximize DECA Program Implementation – View
- Using the DECA Program in the Context of Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation – View
- Strategies for Becoming a Resilient Leader – View
- Conscious Discipline & e-DECA Comprehensive Assessment and Planning System – View
- FLIP IT! Transforming Challenging Behaviors – View
- Miami University’s Research Supports the FLIP IT! Strategy – View
- DECA Program: Promoting Resilience in Children Birth Through Five – View
- Empowering Parents to Promote Resilience: Your Journey Together – View
- Aligned: Head Start Performance Standards & Your Journey Together – View
- How to Support Early Learners with Challenging Behavior (hosted by edWeb) – View
- Strategies: Supporting Young Children Who Use Challenging Behavior – View
- Data-Given Strategies that Can Build Children’s Resilience & Reduce Challenging Behaviors – View
- Facing the Challenge: Supporting Young Children Who Use Challenging Behavior – View
- Nurturing Your Staff: Building the Resilience of Head Start Teachers – View
|Title||Age of Focus||Video||Handouts|
|How To FLIP Your Holiday Script||Adults||View webinar||N/A|
|Using the DECA for Infants and Toddlers to Enhance Children's Social and Emotional Health in Home Visiting Programs||Infant/Toddler||View webinar||Download Handout Packet 1
Download Handout Packet 2
|Promoting Resilience in Preschoolers||Preschool||View Webinar||Download handout packet|
|Promoting Resilience in Infants and Toddlers||Infant/Toddler||View Webinar||Download handout packet|
|An Introduction to the Devereux Early Childhood Assessment for Infants and Toddlers (DECA-I/T) Program Webinar||Infant/Toddler||View Webinar||Download handout packet|
|An Introduction to the Devereux Early Childhood Assessment (DECA) Preschool Program Second Edition Webinar for NEW USERS||Preschool||View Webinar||Download handout packet|
|An Introduction to the Devereux Early Childhood Assessment (DECA) Preschool Program Second Edition Webinar for EXISTING USERS||Preschool||View Webinar||Download handout packet|
|An introduction to the DECA-C: A clinical assessment that measures strengths and behavioral concerns in young children 2 through 5 years old||Toddler/Preschool||View webinar||Download handout packet|
|For Now and Forever: Supporting Families in Building Resilience in their Children Birth through Five Years Old||Infant/Toddler, Preschool||View Webinar||Download handout packet|
|Facing the Challenge: Working with Preschool Children with Challenging Behavior ~ with special guest presenter, Barbara Kaiser!||Preschool||View webinar||Download handout packet|
|Promoting Resilience in Children and Families Involved in the Child Welfare System||Infant/Toddler, Preschool||View webinar||Download handout packet|
|Socially Strong, Emotionally Secure: Activities to Promote Resilience in Preschoolers at School and Home||Preschool||View Webinar||Download handout packet|
|Reframing Risk and Resilience for Young Children with Messy Lives, presented by guest Speaker, Travis Wright, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Early Childhood Education, University of Wisconsin-Madison||Preschool||View Webinar||Download handout|
|7 Tips for Bouncing Back Over the Holidays: promoting Adult Resilience During a Busy Time of Year!||Adults||View Webinar|
|The Resilient Child: Supporting Your Family Through Change||Infant/Toddler & Preschool||View Webinars|